Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Update #2: Mom, This One Is For You...

Today was a hard day for me. While sitting at work, I got the call no one wants to get. A loved one has been in an accident. My loved one was my mother! I immediately went on auto pilot and pretty much can tell you that most of my morning was a blur!

As I walked into the ER headed to my mom's gurney (where she lay doped up on Vicodin), my head swimming with fear thinking the worst. Here's what transpired.

"ooh Gigi, you look awesome. Did you put your photo up this morning?"

"No, ma'am. I normally take the pic when I get home from work and load it then, but I won't be doing it today. That's not really important, how are you? What did the doctors say?"

"Why is it not important?" She asked.

"Well, ma' today ain't that kinda' day. It's not important."

"Oh really, well I think it is. Baby, this is your passion and nothing should stop that, nothing. Without passions, life ain't worth living. Put the photo up for me at least cause I love seeing you all pretty."

We went on to discuss her situation and please allow me to make a long story short, she is well, just some bruised ribs and a bruised ankle. Thank the lord!

So ma', here's the photo posted just like you asked. I hope it's pretty enough for you.

Muah! - Gigi

(Vintage leather vest; BGBG tank and skirt; Victoria's Secret hosiery; Issac Mizrahi boots)

No comments:

Post a Comment