Wednesday, June 24, 2009

#18: All About The Caftan

I read an interview where Iman was asked one of her guilty pleasures. She responded, "caftans, I have like over 400 of them." I got to thinking, I have this one pictured above and a vintage dashiki. Both of which I never wear. Just don't think it's me. The one pictured above was a gift from my BF, Michael. He was traveling around the Cape and saw this in a boutique's window. He said he instantly thought of me. That was 5 years ago and this is only the second time I've worn it. I could never part with it because it was a gift from him, so I just put it away and thought of it no more. But, when I read what Iman had to say about the caftan and how she thought it brought elegance to a woman, I thought to myself, "perhaps I was hasty. Perhaps I know nothing of this caftan fashion and should give it another try." So, I did. And I couldn't go anywhere without getting a compliment. That's is why she's Iman now isn't it? :-)

It also appears that my BF knows a thing or two about this style!

(Handmade - beaded velvet & silk caftan; French Connection pencil skirt; Stuart Weitzman jeweled sandals)



No comments:

Post a Comment