Wednesday, May 20, 2009

White Heat

Today was all about this vintage dress and shoes. To be honest, the dress is a nightgown from the 50's. The dance shoes are also circa 1950. All in all, I thought it a wonderfully light and comfy outfit for the day. My dear friend, Z, totally summed it up when she walked up to me and said, "ooo, you look like a doctor today." How fitting as I was so channeling Diahann Carroll's Julia! Ms. Carroll's portrayal of a nurse in the late 1960's was a refreshing change from the whores or domestic roles that were traditionally given to black women of the time. She gave lots of inspiration to many and still do as far as I'm concerned! What a grand lady, so very glamorous!

(Banana Republic trench coat; Vintage gown and shoes, Victoria's Secret hosiery)

No comments:

Post a Comment